- Patients name, birth date, your relationship to patient, and last evaluation date.
- Medical history, including a recent general medical history. Be as specific as possible. If present, include any Diagnoses for which SSI Eligibility is Presumptive.
- Detail clinical findings, including significant findings on physical exam and results of any cognitive, developmental or mental status testing.
- Summarize pertinent laboratory and radiographic results.
- Review specific diagnosis, prescribed treatments, and their current or anticipated impacts.
- State the anticipated duration of the condition and overall prognosis.
- Describe the child’s functional limitations, compared to children his or her age who do not have impairments, in acquiring and using information, attending and completing tasks, interacting and relating with others, moving about and manipulating objects, caring for him/herself, and health and physical well-being.
- Provide a statement about what the claimant can still do despite his or her impairment(s).
- Attach any school documents, reports, or information indicating the child's needs for special educational programming and deviations from age appropriate performance in the school setting.
SSI Disability Evaluation - general information for professionals
Information about SSI including definitions, the process, reivews, the role of the provider, frequently asked questions, and more from Social Security.
SSI Disability Evaluation - evidentiary requirements
Definitions and information about medical sources, medical evidence, medical reports, consultative examinations, and more, from Social Security.
Social Security Listing of Impairments (child)
On Social Security Online, provides the medical criteria for the evaluation of impairments of children under age 18.
SSI Benefits for Children with Disabilities
This booklet is for the parents, caregivers or representatives of children under age 18 who have disabilities that might make them eligible for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payments.
SSI Beneficios Para Niños con Incapacidades
Este folleto es para los padres, cuidadores o representantes de niños con incapacidades menores de 18 años, que podrían tener derecho a recibir pagos de Seguridad de Ingreso Suplementario (SSI, sus siglas en inglés).
SSI for Children
Information about Supplemental Security Income eligibility determination for children.
See all SSI, Supplemental Security Income services providers (12) in our database.
For other services related to this condition, browse our Services categories or search our database.